Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 28 May 2017

I Believe In You...


Hello crafty friends and visitors, did you have a bad storm where you are in UK yesterday! 
Hail stones size of golf balls, thought our windows where going to cave in..Never seen rain like that for a long time, with thunder & lighting..
Hope you are all safe and no flash flooding..

One of my favourite flowers are POPPIES ..
What a beautiful unusual design these are by "Alexandra Renke"  from Oysterstamps they cut like butter..lol.
Three design poppy dies in the packet, they all look just as pretty on their own or grouped together.


Love the effect of crepe paper for poppies, makes them so life like..
I have used lemon as I wanted to make this colour poppies as I always seen to go with red!



I have also used my Distress Oxide Inks, time I had a proper play, colours on flowers used.. Spiced Marmalade..&  Fossilized Amber.
Shading on the background Peeled Paint, this I dropped water drops from my hand, love the soft effect..  "I believe In You" also Spiced Marmalade..&  Fossilized Amber. inked then die cut.




I have raised my crepe paper petals only!  blob of hot glue..you could  just leave them flat and would look just as lovely,..
I have used  a strong dark green card for the foliage as I though it needed a contrast.
Spellbinder "Art Deco"   Astoria Decorative Elements for my background and this placed onto Creative Expression. Noble Pinpoint Rectangle, I had to reduce the width..
Few Nova Jewell Drop`s around the foliage and liquid pearls in green. 




Alexandra Renke.
Poppy Flowers.   here
I Believe In You.   here
Spellbinders
Art Deco..  Astoria Decorative Elements.   here
Distress Oxide Inks.   here
Spiced Marmalade.. Fissilized Amber.
Peeled Paint..



Thank you for stopping by ...Pam x

33 comments:

loz said...

Stunning card and die pam..Loz

Jackie T said...

Hi Pam this is a stunning card those poppies are so pretty. I love poppies too. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful poppy card Pam...we had a bad storm through the early hours of Friday night but its very muggy out there now...

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pam, beautifully designed and coloured, poppies are a favourite of mine too and this is a gorgeous card, Kate x

ursula said...

This is just so stunning Pam, love the way you have made the poppies and love them in the yellow....luv Ursula xx

Donna said...

Beautiful work, Pam. Absolutely gorgeous. xxx

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Such a beautiful card and what a lovely die too. So pretty in the orange and yellow colours and in the crepe paper too.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Pam, love the dimension on your gorgeous flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

Totally gorgeous Pam and love the effect with the crepe paper and yellow is my favourite colour..beautiful card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Fantastic and elegant design Pam. The Poppy Flowers are so beautiful and the Spellbinders die looks great.
Have a good start in the new week without turbulent weather.
Hugs Petra

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is beautiful Pam. I love Poppies too and the ones on this card look stunning. They really stand out beautifully against the white background and I like the subtle touch of yellow behind the flower too. The die cut background is gorgeous and as always with your cards, everything works together in perfect harmony. I live in Yorkshire too and yes, we had rain like I haven't seen for years and hailstones too. My Daughter sent me a photograph of my two year old a Granddaughter watching it through the window as it's the first time she's ever seen rain like that and it's the first time she's ever seen lightening and heard thunder. Ironically, we went out a couple of hours later and the pavements were bone dry. I think we're due some more tomorrow so batten down the hatches! Crafty hugs, Sandra x

sharon said...

The poppies are fabulous Pam !!!! I have never used crepe paper.
I must have a play with my oxide inks also.....love the colours.
Your card is very tasteful :)
Enjoy your week.
Hugs
sharon :)

Anonymous said...

wow! Fantastic card!
Elma

Wendy L said...

Very pretty Pam, great idea using crepe paper xxx

Betty McAlister said...

Stunning card Pam. Lovely idea using crepe paper For the poppy. Xx

pinkclover.cards said...

Fabulous card Pam. xx

aussie aNNie said...

SPECTACULAR. This is just so beautiful and using crepe paper, love it...you are ever so clever and so inspiring...hugs.xx [aNNie]

SuzzieQ said...

Awesome poppies. Using crepe paper really gives that true to life look for these lovely flowers. Good job!

Beth Norman said...

The yellow really pops and is beautiful. Using crepe paper is so unique and adds a lot of interest. Love your card.

Mac Mable said...

Such a clever and creative idea to use crepe paper on this really pretty card. Thank you for the inspiration x

Sandy said...

Catch my breath gorgeous! Crepe paper!!??!! What a clever idea.
Sandy xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Pam,
this is very pretty and such a beautiful card.
Love your inking of the background and thsoe poppies are superb.
Such a super idea to cut them out in crepe paper.
and the yellow is fab.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my GOSH! Your poppies are so beautiful! I don't have a single poppy die, but if and when I do have a poppy die I'll be wanting some crepe paper to use with it. LOVE this! So cute how those bitty pieces pop out and you applied green Liquid Pearls almost like a positive/negative effect. Lovely soft shading with the oxide inks. That's quite the storm you had! It could have easily broken windows or dented cars. Hope you don't have another one anytime soon!

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Pam, This card is really pretty, I'm loving the effect of crepe paper for the poppy petals. Poppies are one of my favourites too !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Anne said...

Beautiful Pam, the crepe paper is such a good idea and lovely to see yellow for a change
We had the rain on Saturday too and like you we said it's a long time since we saw a downpour like that it was torrential although we didn't get thunder and lightning

Anne x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Pam. We didn't get that storm here in Lincoln but it rained in the night sometime. Have a good week, Angela xXx

Patricia said...

Beautiful, absolutely stunning, love it.
Patricia xxx

Babs said...

Absolutely stunning Pam, the colour is perfect and what a gorgeous design.

Hugs Babs x

Janice said...

A beautiful card Pam, your crepe paper poppies are beautiful. I love the colours too, and the design is so pretty. We had the thunder and lightening too.
Janice x

Dianas Crafts said...

Another beautiful card love the use of the crape paper. Dianax

Bonnie said...

I love the texture of the crepe paper and that beautiful die cut frame, Pam!

Shabneez said...

Gorgeous poppies Pam - a wonderful creation. Shabneez x

Janice said...

I love how you have used crepe paper for the poppies. What an effect! Your such an inspiration. Janice xx