Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Sweet Pea Flowers.


Good morning friends and visitors..
Sharing my blog post from http://poppystamps.typepad.com/    today.





This Sweet Pea die is large, you could easily use just one die cut on your card, me being me had to use two!.
This is how I created my flower, but they look just as pretty flat for posting.
I have cut in green card for my flower outline,  Next using doubled up heavy paper, I embossed in my die cutting machine, this leaves me whole flowers.



Next. remove from your die and I coloured as shown using pro markers, you can use any colouring medium .. I made sure I coloured in pink on the inside as well as outside.



Next I adhered the green outline flower shape to this embossed/coloured flower, cut around the outline with scissors. to keep my centre flowers raised I used a blob of hot glue! watch your fingers! 





I love a shine and sparkle on flowers, I have used "Wink Of Stellar" Clear Glitter Pen,  Nova Jewell Drops, Hessian bow.. peeking though my oval shape, in pink I have used Tulisa Collage die. Pink tiny frame cut with Memory Box.. Open Studio..  Stitched Oval Layers..






Main card shape in oval, Top opener card, cut with my dies from my stash.  with Poppystamps "Thank  You Streamer die.
Tip.. to make you card stand and NO wobble! I take from the back card only around 1/2" from the bottom of my card, I also do this with Circle cards.




Thank you for stopping by today.  Pam x







32 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Pam such delicate colours

Anne

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Pam, Amazing !! Sweet peas are one of my favourite flowers, so delicate and pretty. This card is stunning, the sweet peas are so realistic and the colours are beautiful and pastel and I'm loving the faux dew drops, so effective.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Babs said...

Morning Pam what can I say, but another absolutely stunning card, I just love sweet Peas too and these are so much life like, love it.

Hugs Babs x

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Pam fabulous design as always. Amazing flower design and great bow creation. I love the dies you did use.
Have a nice day,
Hugs Petra

Janice said...

A stunning card Pam! Beautiful colours, a pretty design. Thanks for the great flower tutorial.
Janice x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Mac Mable said...

Clever, clever card and so very pretty. Thank you for all the tips along the way. Your flowers are absolutely stunning, fabulous layout and great selection of dies and shapes. A stand out card x

Brenda in IN said...

Just beautiful. I love how you did the flowers and the clever way they just pop.

Dianas Crafts said...

Beautiful card Pam love the shape which is different and the way the flowers jump of the card. Dianax

lydia jordan said...

Hi Pam,
Beautiful card, love the last two as well.
Lydia
X

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pam, beautifully designed, these are such lovely Sweet Pea dies, and your've made them looks so delicate, Kate x

Leslie Miller said...

More beautiful flowers today -- gorgeous! I also love the collage background and your sweet burlap bow. Flowers do oftentimes have a shimmer to their petals, so the Wink of Stella is perfect. Great tip on how you get the oval card to stand straight. You are most inspiring!

ursula said...

Another absolute stunning card Pam, using another amazing die, which you have worked beautifully, love the sweet peas plus those jewel drops....also I love Wink of Stella....luv Ursula xx

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Another beauty Pam. I love the bow you've made it gives a robust accent to the card.
Greetings Miranda

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Pam..I love the soft shimmer the wink of stella gives. gorgeous die and card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Pam,
your card is so stunning and very beautifully created.
Those sweet peas look so delicate just like the real ones.
Love your wonderful design and the super shape.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

loz said...

Stunning card and great tutorial Pam..Loz

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pam, love it!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Anonymous said...

wow- so wonderful card!
Elma

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Pam. So lovely and delicate. This what I call "A Pam Card". We can all tell your cards. Just beautiful. I love the oval cards and should do more. Keep well. Regards Ann Toppcards

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Beautiful and what a great pleasure to receive such a lovely card.

sharon said...

Gorgeous card Pam !!!! Beautiful dies and love the detail.
The bow is perfect it compliments the card.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
sharon :)

Beth Norman said...

Wow, thanks for showing us how you made this beauty. It looks finicky and a lot of work. Your cards are always so elegant and delightful to look at. Hugs.

SuzzieQ said...

Your sweet peas are beautiful and your composition is perfect. Thank you for the instsructions on how you make these sweet peas. And also a thank you for the no wobble oval and circle cards. It's too bad, here in the USA, that we no longer use the sweet pea in floral arrangements and wedding bouquets. They are such a pleasant flower.

Bonnie said...

So pretty, Pam! I love the shimmer of the flowers and all the curved pieces!

Trish said...

In a word....Awesome! ❤️

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful Pam, love it xXx

Shabneez said...

A really pretty card Pam - love the way you've coloured the flowers. Shabneez x

Donna said...

Gorgeous mix of shine and rustic elements going on here. Love it. xxx

Sandy said...

Because you are such a sweet lady and oh so very talented - I just always have to leave a comment even though it is always the same comment.
Gorgeous!
Sandy xx

Jan's Crafty Cards said...

Really beautiful card, i love the sweet pea dies and the colours are beautiful x Janis x

Janice said...

Oh Pam this is beautiful. Again such lovely ways to use dies and colouring, gorgeous.Janice xx